Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Baton

The wait's long enough, I'm third in the circuit...
The prize sittin on the table is my only pursuit...
I call this life's relay and its coming a full circle...
My life's biggest dream could now become all fruitful!

The race has already begun, our team is doing fine...
All i need is the baton and reach the finish line
The first runner is running and he takes his time...
With the baton the cup would always be mine...

And finally the second runner passes it on to me...
All this wait, I feel is finally worth while
I know it will take time for me to reach the finish line
But I keep running, hoping i dont drop the baton..

I hear friends cheering, I can sense life moving..
but all I see is the prize thats waitin for me...
Suddenly it seems so near...in a few metres i would cross the finish line
Suddenly I see this other guy, snatching it away...

And before I realise, he has already made his way
The cup seems distant...the crowds are still cheering
But everything around me comes to a standstill...
He wins the race and lifts the cup...

And they all congratulate me...but I feel I lost...
The cup I always wanted to lift is now someone elses
The crowds ask me not to feel disappointed
They said, did you like it when you were running the race...

I said yes...You were the best of the lot,look at it that way then,
But now its time to pass on the baton...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home